Even though you m ay not be familiar with the word, epoxy is relatively common when it comes to flooring. It is done by mixing resin and hardeners to form a thick substance called epoxy and using it over concrete floors to create a glossy and smooth finish. The reason why it is used instead of other popular flooring choices such as tiles, hardwood and stone is because the advantages of epoxy flooring are several:
1. Resistant to mold and mildews: If your construction is in a humid area, or if you want to floor rooms that are hidden from the sun such as garages and basements, then epoxy would be your best bet, as it does not get attacked by mold and mildew which can be a health threat.
2. Durable: Once installed, epoxy flooring last very long, and this makes them a good choice for commercial places that have a lot of activities, or parking spaces where cars are always going in and out. Due to it's ability to withstand several conditions such as oil spills, acids, change of climate and still maintain it's shine over a long time, it is the best choice for commercial buildings such as hospitals and hotels.
3. Easy to work with: The installation of epoxy flooring is easy. You can apply the first layer and follow it up with a finishing layer a few hours later. Due to the fact that epoxy flooring doesn't contain any poisonous chemicals, the process can be done without having to relocate people for fear of poisonous fumes or products.
4. Easy to clean: Epoxy is stain resistant and dust proof, making it very easy to clean. You do not have to labor scrubbing off it's surface. All you need is water and a little solvent. It has a long lasting shine that always makes it appear sparkling clean without trying too hard
5. Cost effective: One of the main advantages of epoxy flooring is that it allows you to spice up the look of your concrete floors in a relatively cheap way, since buying epoxy kits are not so expensive. What more, you can actually do the installation yourself without needing to hire the help of a professional.
6. Wide range of designs: You can choose from a wide range of colors available, and even customize the look by adding chips to bring a new look to the floor.
Basically, using epoxy will give your floor a neat professional finish that requires very little maintenance.